Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Share A Sunset . . .

Mister Irish Guy of mine told me 20 years ago . . .
“I don’t do flowers!”
Well . . . “first time flowers” arrived yesterday from my
Mister Irish . . . (Never say Never!)


And the best part, fun part, my guy who is a
recycle guru made the vase from “shingles.”

(I wondered what he was “putzin” with downstairs the day before . . .
He ordered the flowers, took his vase to the florist and there you have it!)


And then my “Share A Sunset” theme happened too.
Off we went to see the setting sun at the Lakeshore and dinner after . . .


Gorgeous view . . .
We counted . . . 1 2 3 4 5 . . . as the sun slipped away . . .
Remember . . . “It’s the little things . . .”

(I think he knew I needed a smile and his “shingle vase” did just that!
I had the shingle shot ten years ago but guess I am one of the unlucky ones . . . because
I have the “Yucky Shingles!!”
FYI . . . the newer Shingle Shot is supposed to be more affective than the older shot.
Protect yourself . . . they are not fun!)

A Wonderful Happy ❤️ Day!
love
lynne

10 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, your Mr. Irish KNOWS how to do it RIGHT! How wonderfully creative to make that vase from shingles... Much better than the shingles you are enduring. That man has won my heart with his Valentine love for you. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Ha, ha, shingles. That's the only kind you'd want to get! Beautiful flowers! -Jenn

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Sweet!

Retired Knitter said...

I have had shingles twice. You are right. No fun. Get well soon.

krishna said...

The vase it so beautiful.. he is really a creative person!

Marge in Michigan said...

Mr. Irish did GOOD, Lynne. What gorgeous roses! And what a clever guy making a shingles vase for the gal who has shingles. Ugh on your kind of shingles though! I hope there's medication to help you. Hubby & I had shots several years ago so I suppose we're more vulnerable since the updated shot. Ugh again! Sunset at the beach was beautiful, Lynne! Feel better!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Mr Irish did a wonderful job on the vase and the flowers are so pretty. Happy Valentine's Day to you! The sunset is beautiful. I am so sorry about the Shingles, I hope you are recovering! Sending my get well wishes. Have a happy day and weekend!

Jeanie said...

Well, I give Mr. Irish four stars for thoughtfulness and creativity too! The flowers are gorgeous -- I love pink ones.

Oh, Lynne. I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. Been there, done that (mine were on my head, where are yours?) and they were the WORST. Hope you have good books and paint at hand -- something, anything to keep your mind off of it! Sending hugs but gentle ones!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Oh no the shingles. I hear they are awful. Love a guy who makes his own vase.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.